Sunday, August 1, 2010

This "Day's Off" Thing

I am training for the marathon using the schedule designed by David Whitsett, found in The Non-Runner's Marathon Guide. It is designed to have three days off a week. Two of the off days surround the long run day. I have designed mine to have Saturday be my long run, so Friday and Sunday are always days off.

I have discovered something interesting. I feel anxious on days off. Anxious like, I am not doing all I can to be ready for the marathon. I am reciting a mantra of sorts "Part of my training is my recovery days."

I'll let you know if that addressed my anxiousness.

I am also hoping that once I really get into big numbers, I will relish the days off.

1 comment:

  1. Stretching, resting, and eating right are all part of the training.

    ReplyDelete