Saturday, August 28, 2010

110 Minutes

on the elliptical this morning.

I ended up doing 115 just because my math was off. My elliptical will only go up to 99 minutes, so once that was over I had to reprogram it. I guess my math skills turned to mush after 99 minutes.

I also added having some Accel Gel after 30 minutes and sipped water and Gatorade throughout. I never got the knack of drinking while still moving my legs, so I slowed down to nothing to sip. Maybe I will use my FuelBelt next time so I can squirt the fluid into my mouth.

My window is still open to be able to get my feet healthy and still train. I have made a new plan about walking/running that I will follow once I start out on the road again.

I read that they don't start sweeping us out of the streets until 5 1/2 hours after the start time. I am thinking I could get close to the end if I just power walked it. Not sure I can power walk 26.2 miles at more than a 4.5 mph pace.

I do know I have alternatives, so I am not a DNS yet!

Still icing my feet at least 5 times a day. The Rx for the anti-inflammatories is finished.

2 comments:

  1. It took me 6 1/2 last year so you have more time than you think. Also, the sweep doesn't start until that time passes for ALL waves. So if you start in the first wave, you probably have a whole extra 40 minutes or more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.

    Your comments and input make a huge difference for me.

    Looking forward to meeting you.

    ReplyDelete