Monday, August 23, 2010

Lynnie Just Might Be Back, Baby!

I am not declaring I am back, I do have a qualifier in there and I am optimistic.

I have not run since the 14th. I did do all the cardio I was scheduled to do, just no running. Today was my comeback day. I was scheduled for 4 miles and I was prepared to cut that short if I started feeling my tendons scream at me.

We had a whole boatload of rain yesterday. I think it was a total of 2 inches. The air was thick but cool. I think it was 67 degrees when I got out of the car and 100% humidity.

The first mile was a dream. My pace seemed good and my breathing was even. The second mile has more up hills than down. I started to have those "oh my god, I can't do this" thoughts. I walked for .1 miles after 2 miles and then again around the 3 mile mark. My mind was not my friend.

I did not feel my extensor tendons during any of the walking. I was thrilled about that. I did feel them in both feet during my .8 mile cool-down. I am not happy about that.

My feet are in a tub of ice water as I type. I will continue to ice 4 times a day and continue taking my anti-inflammatory drug and doing my stretches. Tomorrow is a day off so I will be able to tell more then.

4.0 miles

36:27 minutes

9'09"/mi

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic!

    My first day yesterday, I got overheated and did 2 miles instead of 3. When my heart raced, I came inside. That "listening to your body" thing has its moments...

    I will do 4 miles today but on an indoor track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might want to investigate a FuelBelt so you can stay hydrated while running. Hydration is the key to not overheating.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete