Sunday, August 22, 2010

Listen to your body

WTF does that mean?

Really?!?

Annoys the crap outta me, can you tell?

I can get that experienced runners can do that but I can't. I can't with this injury, as my extensor tendons have never even whispered to me during a run - they yell like crazy when the run is over. I can't because my mind just screams at me that this is a bad idea and I should stop because I am going to die even before I finish 2 miles.

So, what to do? What to do?

I am still thinking I will start back on my running tomorrow morning. It is scheduled for a 4 mile run, so I am thinking I will do that but at maybe a 10 minute mile pace.

I am scared to death that I will totally bugger up my feet and ruin the whole thing. I am also scared that if I lay off too long, I will not be in the shape I need to be in to finish the marathon.

Listen to your body.

My ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment