Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Training While Injured

I notice that I have all of the body sensations I associate with anxiety. As a general rule, I am not an anxious person. I can be worried, I can be excited, I can be afraid, but anxiety is rarely something I experience. The last time I had what I called an "anxiety attack" was about 5 years ago. My parents were visiting and I kept running out of ice cubes. I kid you not - full blown anxiety attack while in the shower. It was absurd and I knew that and it didn't matter. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't move and my stomach was in my chest. The only thought I had (and I had it over and over again) was "What am I going to do if I run out of ice cubes?" I know, stoopid, stoopid, stoopid.

Anyway, I have had the body sensations like that since I stopped following the running schedule - funny thing is, so far, it's just Monday I didn't run 3 miles. Today I am not going to run 5 miles. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical on Monday. I will do 50 minutes today, so I am following my alternate plan.

What is this anxiety all about?

I am thinking I need to have a plan for when my tendontis allows me to run. I need to have a mileage plan on my calendar. I did e-mail my coaches and have not gotten a plan from them. Maybe that is why I am anxious.

I will follow-up with them. Brian and Ali have more than 60 other people they are coaching and I bet I got lost in the shuffle somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment