Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Halo Sweatband Review

A few posts back, I shared that I bought me some new fangled sweatbands. They are designed to give the water (nice word for sweat) a different route to take. Rather than streaming right down from my forehead into my eyes, these sweatbands have this built-in ledge sorta thing that has the liquid go toward the sides of the forehead.

The suckers work! I have not had one bead of sweat in my eyes since I started using them.

The downside is that my hair gets considerably wetter. Just means I really look like a drowned rat when I am finally done running.

Not a bad trade-off.

I am having to re-train myself in my 'finishing routine". My routine has been to finish my run, stop my SportsBand, read the read-out (and either celebrate or not) and then remove my sweatband. It had been a declaration that this run was over and what I am now doing is cooling down. PreHalo (PH) that is when the sweat would really have a field day streaming into my eyes. Many mornings it was so bad that I couldn't see because of the salt content going into my eyes. Now, I just keep the Halo on and my eyes are very happy.

Oh, there is another downside. The ledge leaves a crease in my forehead that takes an hour or so to disappear. For you younger peoples with supple skin, that probably won't be a problem.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review! I will be purchasing a couple of these, and some kind of tights or shorts that wick. I already have the socks and shirts.

    ReplyDelete