Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Dutchess County Fair!

Alex seems to enjoy making comments and teasing me about living is "so much white space". If you look at a map, you will note what he means. There is just a whole bunch of white space in Northern Dutchess County.

It takes 45 minutes to get any where from here and you can get to most places in 45 minutes or so. I live 20 minutes from where Chelsea got married and she got married not far from The Dutchess County Fair Grounds.

The last day of the fair is today, so this is the last chance to get there. You will find me there today, maybe limping around, maybe just walking gingerly. I have already iced my feet once and will be doing my stretching routine before heading out.

My favorite place is the Horticulture Building. The upstairs portion is the best. I get introduced to flowers I have never seen before and marvel at other people's ability to create gorgeous bouquets. Downstairs give me ideas for landscaping and names of grasses and low plantings.

You will not find me in the 4H area - sorry kids, that place stinks - literally. Lynnie don't do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment