Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Mind on External

Things on my mind:

1. Amy is ready for her implants! Woo Hoo - no more saline added to her expanders. It was the most uncomfortable part of the whole process. Her surgery is October 7!

2. I am having hamstring tickles. I have never, ever had a hamstring issue and now my left one is talking to me. Time to add a new stretch to my routine.

3. I will start doing ice baths after my long sessions on the elliptical. My legs are oddly tired and achy.

4. I declare DNS is not an option. Michelle has a ticket to fly up from Florida to cheer me on and I already spent $600 on a hotel room.

5. My dad seems to have emotionally moved to the next stage. He seems to have accepted my mom's condition and how it affects daily life.

6. When Kyle (my nephew) arrived at my parent's, my mom went up to him and asked "And, what is your name?" I never thought it would start with Kyle. He has been in my mom's life regularly for a very long time.

7. I threatened a doctor yesterday. I hated that. I have almost always been able to get what I want by being nice. This doctor has had 67 days to send my dad's medical records to another doctor and had not done so. I have been in communication with the office all along the way and lost my temper last week.
It was ugly, including the front desk person telling me that the doctor had been out of the office for 'a long time' and me saying "He has been out of the office for a LONG time, what? Has he been in rehab?" My favorite quote was when she told me that the transcription has to be sent to India! Anyway, I investigated and told her yesterday that if he did not send the records in the next 7 days I would file a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights in The Department of Health and Human Services. The latest is that he has faxed the records and will send the transcription once it gets back from INDIA! I will call the new doctor today to confirm this.

8. Amy suggested I do something beyond podiatry for my feet. I am so shut down around this. I have no clue what to do or how to find out what to do or how to get to what to do.

3 comments:

  1. This may sound frivolous, but do you get professional pedicures? Maybe research home pedicures and do some of those procedures yourself? Many pro football players do this to help their feet stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a big fan of professional massage, and there are tons more people going into the field now so there may be someone closer to you than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skoop!

    You are a wise woman!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete