Monday, August 30, 2010

Feet and Fair Review

I walked around the Dutchess County Fair for 4 hours yesterday. I was okay, my feet were okay, not normal but okay. I had my first experience of what it must be like to be out of shape. Everything was just a little bit hard. I noticed when I was going to be walking up hill. I looked to see the shortest way to get where I wanted to go. I weighed whether or not the distance to get there was worth the potential plus from wherever it was I wanted to go. I had a glimpse into the life of old people. I did not really like it.

The fair was a disappointment.

The botanical building was a bust as far as I was concerned. It took me a few minutes to get that it was probably not the exhibitors fault, but my dislike for this years theme. It was way too Asian for my taste. Asian Tea Room, Asian Landscaping, those awful Asian bridges, too much bamboo and too many statues I don't like.

The quality crafts people no longer come to the fair. I have been being weaned over the past few years and this year, they were all gone. So sad. Not even my favorite ear rings guy. I am in love with this style and want to buy a new pair each year.





I probably won't even be able to find him at The Florida State Fair, as The Gaitlinburg Craft People have stopped coming there. Boo hoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment