Monday, August 16, 2010

My Seventh First

I ran 8 miles! First time ever. I think the furthest I have ever run at once is 7 miles.

I was down at Amy's and we got up at 5:30 (I got up earlier, given I needed to eat, take my anti-inflammatory and stretch) and headed over to Lois' house. I was going to run on the North County Trail and Amy and Lois were going to ride bikes.

An entrance to the Trail is just down the street from Lois' house, so I scooted to the entrance while Amy and Lois got set up with their bikes. I told Amy I was going left, would run for 4 miles and then turn around.

It was 5:50AM, 62 degrees and a perfect morning for a run. I had my FuelBelt and some Chomps. I was actually really excited. It was the first morning I woke up and did not hear my little voice say "What day is today and how much do I have to run?"

I loved the run. I loved having 'company', even though they were never really next to me. They were either in front by 30 yards or behind me, but I could hear them.

I felt comfortable the entire time. I walked at 3 miles for .2 miles and drank 8 ounces of Gatorade. I then took 2 Chomps. It was time to start running again by the time I got the Chomps in my mouth. I have not trained myself on how to chew and swallow and run, so that was a bit off. Next time, Chomps first, then fluid. I walk again at 6 miles for .2 miles and finished strong.

8.04 miles

1:13:41 (that the SportsBand gives me seconds never occurred to me before)

9'09 min/mile

As soon as I stopped running and began my walking cool-down, I started limping. I hated that.

No comments:

Post a Comment