Thursday, August 12, 2010

Me and Hills

So, I noticed what happens to me when I look out past my widdle feet and I see a hill in my widdle feets future. It is the same thing that used to happen to me on the golf course when I saw (or knew) that there was water between me and the hole. I say "used to happen" not because I conquered it, but because I don't golf any more.

So, I recognize it is the kind of 'self - talk" which is completely negative. It is some version of "Crap, a hill." or "Oh No, this is going to be hard" or "Slow down now, because you are going to die!

New project is to replace that version of self-talk with something else. I shall try:

"Woo Hoo - Conditioning!"

"Mr Hill - I was looking forward to kicking your ass, get ready!"

"Here I come" ..........(when I am over the top) "What do you think of me now?"

This project will also have me have more options for routes, as I will not be avoiding the hills.

Todays run was just a 3 miler:

3.2 miles

27:25 minutes

8'34" minute miles

I thought I was faster and I am more than fine with the outcome.

Day off tomorrow and I will be seeing the podiatrist about my extensor tendonitis. My achilles tendontis is still away on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment