Sunday, August 8, 2010

Off Topic Post

Funny how this is my blog and I am saying something is off topic!

I am giddy with enjoyment at the performance of Tiger Woods this weekend - absolutely giddy.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am a HUGE Phil Mickelson fan. I have been since before he was even called "the best player to never have won a major". My love for Phil can not be explained. He is my Baby Boy. I cried for hours on Easter Sunday in 2004 when he won his first Green Jacket. I adore him when his risky plays turn ugly and result in tournaments lost. I loved him before his US Open meltdown at Winged Foot, I loved him during it and I loved him after it. I love him when he is so chubby he has man boobs and when he trims down and has little man boobs. I love his lumbering gate and his dimples and his heart. He is MY GUY.

Never liked Tiger. His on course demeanor leaves me cold. His lack of appreciation and respect and love for his audience and fans leaves me cold. His love for his dad was always palpable and even that did not sway me. I just always got a yuck when he was around.

It also didn't help that he could wipe my Baby Boy all over the course.

Okay - so, this weekend was "supposed to be" Tiger's comeback. He is the defending champion at the Bridgestone Invitational and has historically dominated the crap outta that course. blah blah blah

He has just finished - he is now tied for 78th - in a field of 80. There is one golfer lower than him on the leaderboard. His final round was 7 over!

Life has slapped him around since he got caught.

Comeuppance, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment