Thursday, August 19, 2010

The NYC Marathon Course

Over the weekend, Betti Lu asked me about the course. She started thinking about how to best cheer for me, how to have me best supported throughout the 26.2 miles. I told her I would find the route and send it out, so she might start planning the viewing spots and possible subway stations to maybe do several rooting stations.

So, I found the course map and I also found this. Watching it got me all sorts of excited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua0TOyzmN9k

I couldn't figure out how to have the video actually show up here, so I hope the link works.

On the "How the feet are doing" front - I think I went over the hump yesterday. I felt like I joined the world of the living yesterday. I could actually go up on my toes. Awesome feeling. I am thinking I will be back to running, maybe Monday!

WooHoo!!!!

Now, I just need Brain to give me a new plan. If he can't or doesn't, I'll make it up myself and it will be fine.

1 comment:

  1. New plan suggestion: add one extra run for the next three weeks. The first week, have the extra one be the length of that week's short run. The second and third weeks, make it be the medium-length run extra. That's it. That should easily make up for one suspended week.

    Note: it's easy for me to say this, since I haven't started Week 1 yet!

    ReplyDelete