Monday, August 16, 2010

The Tag Sale

We had planned to have people come early to the Tag Sale and help Amy set up, so I could ice my feet, do my stretching and shower. That did not happen.

Bear in mind, Amy had a double mastectomy 6 weeks ago. She is in the middle of re-constructive happenings and had just had saline added to her expanders and was uncomfortable. She also shouldn't be lifting heavy stuff.

I did ice my feet, not for the 20 minutes I like to do and I did minimal (meaning I touched the floor 3 times) stretching. I then hopped in the shower just to get the salt off me and we started setting up.

Of, the podiatrist also fit me with these compression thingies that I slide over my my toes and they hold my tendons above my toes in place.

I put on my compression thingies and got to hobbling around. I was very uncomfortable.

At about 1:00PM, I took 20 minutes and iced my feet.

I limped all day.

It was awful.

The Tag Sale, on the other hand was a huge success on Saturday. Once I saw all that we had to sell, I said that I would be thrilled if we raised $700 over the 2 days.

We raised that the first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment