Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I'm not sure

I did my scheduled 5 miler this morning. I had intended to take it slow. There is something off in my ability to rein myself in. I will make a better effort tomorrow for the 4 miler.

I may be super sensitive to the discomfort in the top of my feet and I may not have any idea what it means to listen to your body. Robin keeps saying something like "We were taught - you are a Dering - buck it up and play hurt." I am wondering if I got some of that on me.

I am not sure what to do.

My feet talked to me. My left one louder that my right. I am not limping.

Coach Brian got back to me with a plan, so I am comforted by his plan for me - I am not S.O.L. and can still train, even if I take another week off from running and do the elliptical instead.

The podiatrist has not called about my orthotics being back. I will ask him for his opinion when I get them. In the meantime, I will ice 6 or 7 times a day.

5.05 miles

46:26 duration

9'12"/mi

The goal tomorrow is 10 minute miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment