Saturday, July 31, 2010

Today's Run

Today was a 6 mile run. I miscalculated and it ended up being 6.2 miles. My watch told me that my pace was 9 minute 14 second miles. I love running in cool weather.

I experimented with the run/walk thingie. At the 4 mile mark, I walked for .2 miles. I gotta say, I saw a difference in how the last 2 miles felt. I did feel more energized and like I had an easier time. I have not uploaded my NikeSportsBand yet to see of my speed reflects how I felt.

Now for the feet issues. Both of my feet were sorta kinda yelling at me during my cool down. I walk about .6 miles after my run is over. I didn't have to limp or anything, they just both talked to me with each step. The left foot's voice came from it's extensor tendonitis, the right foot's voice came from it's achilles tendontitis. The rest of my body felt powerful and strong.

So..... I have a new plan. After each run, I will plunge my feet into an ice bath. I have the prefect vessel for it - wait 20 minutes and voila! I did that this morning and I do not know that my feet have a voice yet.

I will continue to do my stretches, just later in the day, after I warm up on the elliptical for 5 or 10 minutes. I am also going to try a different pair of running shoes on Monday - they seem to give me more room across the top of my foot.

I will not tough this out - I will find a solution!

1 comment:

  1. That ice just numbs the foot-voice!

    My serious training begins in 3 weeks. I just want to keep up with you.

    ReplyDelete