Thursday, July 8, 2010

April's Article

April is someone I have 'known' for a few years. I like April, in so many ways, I want to be April and we really haven't been friends, more like acquaintances. I had an opportunity to speak with April earlier this week. I was reminded that she ran the NYC Marathon a few years back. I discovered that she was in the middle of writing an article about that experience. She was kind enough to send me that article to read.

First off, the article was not really about the marathon. Yes, there was training and there was running and the article was not about running the marathon. It was about relationship, it was about distinguishing what our 'little voice' says to us, it was about doing what calls to us even when the little voice says something different. It was about being bold and digging deep.

There was one sentence in the article that had me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Here it is:

She told me about blackened toenails and barfing and blisters

Okay, I have now been told. More firsts are coming my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment