Saturday, July 17, 2010

Gorgeous Morning!

I set my alarm for 5:00AM. I was awake at 1:20AM and then again at 3:45AM. I decided to just get up at 4:45.

My parents sleep with their bedroom door open, so I didn't want to make noise or light while I stretched and got ready to go out for my run. Good thing I put my running shoes on before entering the living room, or I would have really hurt a toe. Somehow, a dining chair jumped out in front of my foot!

I headed out at 5:10AM. There are some street lamps on but not really enough light for me to see my Nike SportBand watch, so I really couldn't monitor my speed. I finally just surrendered and concentrated on my breathing and form.

It was an awesome run. I thought I was running 4 miles and my watch says I did 4.2. My speed was what I am calling my conversational speed - 10 minute miles, but we shall see about that as I add distance.

My body is good, my achilles is not crying about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment