Saturday, July 24, 2010

Training

I am starting to get it. Training for the marathon is really about training for the marathon. I know, D'Uh. It's not only about being able to get your body to complete the marathon - it is about being open to learning what your body needs so you can get your body to do that.

I am certain my body will tell me. I just have to listen.

I am certain that when I change what I think made one run hard, it might not always be the thing.

I am certain I will keep on experimenting.

This morning's 5 miles was a bitch for me.

Changes for the future:

1. Make sure I am hydrated the night before. If I don't get up to pee in the middle of the night, I failed at that.

2. Drink at least 8 ounces before I start my run.

3. Begin my run before 7:00AM.

4. Drink at least 8 ounces every 3.5 miles. Time to start wearing my water belt.

My total time was a surprise - 9'48" miles - I went out too fast or something. I was sure it was going to be 11 minute miles.

It's all training and development.

No comments:

Post a Comment