Friday, July 9, 2010

The Step Stretcher




This is what I credit for healing my Achilles Tendonitis. Obviously, I had to use it and I did - three times a day. It allows me to stretch my achilles tendon far more than I could by doing my regular stretches just using the floor. It also allowed me to stretch further up my leg, into my calf as I allowed the stretch to work. I do a 30 second stretch and then go to neutral of 5 seconds, repeat 6 times. By the time the 3 minutes is up, I am still amazed at how much deeper and further the stretch goes.

I got smart -D'Uh and have started doing it on my left leg during my stretching regimen.

Tomorrow is the big day! I am going to run 3 miles tomorrow morning. I can not yet use my new orthotics. I will be wearing my old ones with the heel lift. I can use the new ones on Friday next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment