Monday, July 5, 2010

Amy

Amy is my bestest girlfriend. She is the one I was going to run this marathon with. She can be counted on to be my partner in almost anything. People confuse us, like I get called Amy and she gets called Lynn. People think we are sisters or even in a gay relationship.

When Amy was diagnosed with breast cancer in May, it was no longer a good idea for her to train for the marathon. I knew we would still support each other. I had no idea how huge Amy's plan of support was for me.

Yesterday while we were out for a walk, she told me that she plans on being with me during my long runs. She doesn't know how she will be with me, whether she will be on a bike, in a car or what and she is going to be with me.

That is partnership.

Yes it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment