Saturday, July 10, 2010

Back in Training!

I was surprised how nervous I was starting out for the 3 mile run this morning. I was nervous about my achilles, I was nervous about the dogs, I was nervous about having to pee and I was nervous about the rain. Ultimately, I was most nervous about being so nervous.

I started out at 6:45AM. I woke up later than I had 'planned'. I never set an alarm, I am just always awake by 5:00. Not this morning, I slept until 5:50. In my 'what do I think it will look like tomorrow' thought - I was going to step outside at 6:00 - trying to get into the habit for when I start my long runs and it is ungodly hot out.

My being nervous is so silly - I know that being nervous does nothing to make any difference in the thing I am nervous about - big deal, knowing that had no impact on being nervous. All I did was laugh at myself - like "stoopid silly girl" kinda laugh.

So, my achilles is fine - it is not non-existent and it is fine. I am icing it as I type. I saw no dogs and no dogs saw me. I made it without having to pee in my shorts. The rain came 30 minutes after I got home.

Not a bad start at being back in training.

1 comment: