Monday, October 4, 2010

Yesterday's Run

What I have to say, in no particular order:

1. I still sweat when it is 48 degrees out. I had my Halo sweatband on, with a bandana around
my ears to keep them worm. A little less than halfway through, I asked Lois to take my sweat soaked bandana from me. What a friend! She did!

2. My left foot and right quad was bothering me in the beginning of the run. It reflected in my times. My last half was faster than my first half.

3. Lois was a godsend. The bike path I ran on has numerous places where it crosses over roads. Lois was ahead of me for almost the entire 16 miles (Amy was usually behind me). At the first crossing, I noticed Lois was stopped and waiting. She looked back at me and waited until I was just about there and moved her bike into the crossing. THE CARS STOPPED! No kidding! I never had to change my stride or worry about the cars - Lois handled them for the entire run.

4. Power Bars are really hard at 48 degrees. They go limp at 75 degrees. I like chewing while getting fuel, so I am thinking I will cut them up to bite size pieces in order to save my teeth.

5. I imagined myself crossing the finish line. That was a very fun thing.

6. I drank half of the fluid I drank in Florida.

7. It was not great and not horrible.

8. Amy called Steve when we were done and in the car and told him to fill the tub for my ice bath. He did and added the 40 pounds of ice to it before we got home. I threw a sissy-fit and over-reacted and said that bad F-word more than needed and then just got into the bath with the ice already in it. OH MY GOD! I could not stop shaking for the first 10 minutes. By the time I stopped shaking, I felt horrible about for my sissy fit. Amy put warm towels on my back and brought me hot coffee. I couldn't hold the cup without shaking.

9. Steve was gracious and loving anf forgiving when I apologized for my sissy fit.

10. Amy went out and got bagels. I had a bagel with almond butter, after having that fancy schmancy replenish puke.

11. If I can do 16, I can do 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment