Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Am So Freakin' Proud of Me

Today was a scheduled 8 miler.

I woke up and it was raining.

The radar said it would stop around 9:00AM.

Then the radar said it wouldn't.

I said "Well..... I will just go run in the rain. It might rain on marathon day and that is not the day for me to run in the rain for the first time.."

Off I went. It was 51 degrees.

It rained, then it sprinkled, then it rained, then it poured, then it poured even harder, then it rained, then it poured, then it really poured, then it rained, then I was at 8 miles.

I wore my new cute Run2Remember cap. It kept the rain off my face for most of the run, except for that 10 minutes when it rained really, really hard.

I am glad I knew what it was like to run in soaked clothing from all that sweating I did in Florida. My feet were actually dryer today than they were when I sweated into my feet in Florida.

8.01 miles

1:18:18 duration

9'46" minute miles

1 comment:

  1. I like a little sprinkle but yeah, a downpour is another kind of rain. Good discipline.

    ReplyDelete