Monday, October 11, 2010

We Surpassed $150,000

With less than a month left before our team laces up our running shoes and arrives at the starting line, we have succeeded in raising more than $150,000 for The Alzheimer's Association. Woo Hoo!!! My personal goal for our team is to surpass $200,000 by the time the fundraising closes. We can do it!

This is the reason I am doing this. The strides that have been made in diagnosing, treating and finding the cause and a cure is impressive. Funds will make the difference.

Our team will get to vote on how the money we have raised is spent. How cool is that?

On the "How am I doing physically" side of things:

My ankle is bothering me less and less each day. My quad is still an issue. I have not run since I did the 8 miles in the rain on Wednesday. I was able to do 30 minutes on the elliptical yesterday. I have no doubt that Heather can and will fix my quad. My ankle will be addressed this afternoon by the chiropractor. I am hoping I can do my long run on Sunday, so I can have that under my belt and then taper, baby!

I am in good spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment