Saturday, October 30, 2010

I am A Happy Girl

When I told Dr Gennaro that I could do 60 minutes on the elliptical with not even a whisper from my quad, all of his concerns about what could be going on with my body disappeared. He had thought I was going to have to go for an MRI or something. He saw no reason for that given I could do the elliptical.

So, the plan was to warm up on the elliptical for 40 minutes, then hit the road.

I did just that today.

I am running again!

I am running and loving it.

My quad whispered to me a bit, a little louder on down hills than any other time, and I AM RUNNING!

I covered about 4 1/2 miles. Dr G wanted me to go just 20 minutes and I didn't stop at that point. I felt so good. I felt like I could go on forever. I took it slow, about a 10'20" mile pace. The hills that used to kick my ass were nothing.

I came home and iced my quad, not because I needed to, but because I was told to.

I am feeling good and I am a happy girl.

I will do just the elliptical tomorrow - for 1 1/2 hours. I will run 3 miles on Monday and Wednesday, walk 3 miles on Friday and then run 26.2 on Sunday.

I am so excited!

1 comment: