Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I Love This Chiropractor

I have been under the care of a chiropractor before. Never, ever have I had an initial exam like I had yesterday. He tested my body movements in ways that both surprised and impressed me. I have fabu flexibility in some areas, not so much in others.

I am so impressed by him that I am starting to take calcium again. I stopped because it made me so darn constipated I was miserable. I will find another way to poop and keep my bones strong.

He did manipulation on my ankle. It was painful and no fun.

He did stretching on my quad, which had me think "I am going to vomit." He hooked me up to the electrical machine and little needles danced all around.

He also found bursitis in my right hip. I had no idea I had it, never felt a thing or discomfort, but, man, when he touched my trochanteric bursa, I thought I was going to jump off the table. Icing is prescribed and I will do that.

He seems to know what caused the ligament in my ankle to rebel and will know for sure after he sees my older running shoes. I only brought my new size 9 ones and the new orthotics with me.

What caused the quad to join in the rebellion is uncertain at this point.

I told him I had not run since my 8 miles last Wednesday and asked if I would be doing real damage to myself if I ran now. He didn't answer that question, but asked that I wait until after he sees me on Wednesday. He also asked that I do no elliptical, which I agreed to.

So, I see Heather at 2:30 tomorrow and the doctor at 3:45 and I will have a clearer vision of what the next 3 1/2 weeks will look like.

3 1/2 weeks! Can you believe it?

3 comments:

  1. A good chiropractor is a good ally.

    Lookit! - in 3 1/2 weeks you will start the marathon and even if you have to walk it, you will finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chiropractic for the low back has been repeatedly shown to be the most effective treatment for low back pain. In fact, major studies have shown that chiropractic care is more effective, cheaper and has better long-term outcomes than any other treatment. This makes sense because chiropractic care is the only method of treatment that serves to re-establish normal vertebral motion and position in the spine. All other treatments, such as muscle relaxants, pain killers and bed rest, only serve to decrease the symptoms of the problem and do not correct the problem itself.
      chiropractors in yorba linda

      Delete
  2. Included in our wealth of programs and techniques are cardiopulmonary, musculoskeletal and other physiotherapy methods. We pride ourselves in employing the latest and most updated techniques as we know that the field of physical medicine is constantly evolving. perimeter spine and rehab reviews

    ReplyDelete