Thursday, October 28, 2010

Taking Me Some Time

After not being able to jog (not even run) for even 30 seconds, I was defeated. I hate to admit that and it is true. I cried and I hated that too. It took me some time to come up with an action plan that I saw some possibility in.

I tried the elliptical. I had used it to keep my cardio up during my first 'injury'. I had used it before Dr Genarro suggested that I stop and only do the QWR. I completed 60 minutes with ZERO noise coming from my quad - I mean ZERO. Dr G had suggested that maybe my body had just lost it's muscle memory of how all that stuff has to work together. I don't understand any of that and I know how my body feels. It feel strong and able and my job is to figure out what it can do and not do.

I couldn't do the forward lunge or the sideways lunge. I can walk to beat the band and totally kick ass on the elliptical. That has to tell the professionals something about what is going on in my body.

I saw MAH yesterday. There are so many wonderful things about her, her knowledge, her ability and her routine. She always talks with me first about how my body is feeling. I gave her all of the info I had. Then I got undressed and on her table.

She was gone longer than 'normal'. When she came in, she told me she was able to speak with Dr G. How cool is that?

The point on my thigh that is the current 'problem' has moved. This has been happening from the beginning. It started on the right center, moved all the way over to the IT band and is now way over to more like the adductor. Yesterday, she really worked the adductor.

I was able to do the forward lunge after her work. She told me that Dr G thinks I might have a femoral artery issue and when I see him on Friday he will do some tests to see if that is so. I have no idea what that means or if it can be 'fixed' if it is so.

I will be doing the elliptical again today. I do not plan on trying to run. I am thinking about not doing any running or jogging before the starting line, but..... that will probably not end up being the case. I am just too darn curious.

I am almost back to my positive, powerful self.

almost

No comments:

Post a Comment