Monday, October 18, 2010

Deep Water Running

Dr Gennaro said I could run in deep water. He said I should do the same training schedule I had for running on the ground and that I should cut the time I would be on the road in half, as it was going to be more body involved than running. He also said that if I planned on doing say, 45 minutes in the water, I should expect to spend more time in the pool. as I might DWR (Deep Water Run) for 5 minutes and then have to rest and so on.

So, I was all prepared for it to be a beyotch. I was just thrilled to be back doing something.

Once I got all of the paper work done at the JCC, got my tour changed and all, I got in the pool at 10:40.

- It takes for freakin' ever to move through the water while DWR. The pool is only 20 yards long and I started at the 4 1/2 foot depth, so I probably DWR 15ish yards and it took a full minute.

- When I run, I sometimes count my right foot steps - shut up - I do 80 right foots per 1/10 of a mile (usually 1 minute of running). I counted my right foot steps while DWR and it matched almost exactly to my running pace.

- I was sure I was not doing this right, as I was not exhausted and did not need to rest.

- I DWR for 1 hour and 20 minutes

- I feel sooooooooo good about having done something, anything to get my body moving.

- I am on the mend and feeling powerful

- When I told Dr G that I did not need to rest and wondered if I was doing something wrong, he said, you can't screw it up and I must have good conditioning. He did wonder if I would feel the effects over the next 72 hours.

- I see him on Friday and hope, hope, hope that I can do a slow run over the weekend.

hope

hope

hope

No comments:

Post a Comment