Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Unrelated Shares

1. Team R2R has raised over $180,000 as of this morning! Woo Hoo!!

2. My sister Michelle let me know that my dad has agreed to go back to the neurologist in Jacksonville. She is thinking it will be over Thanksgiving.

3. I have watched a few episodes of Sister Wives - shut up - I have found it surprisingly transformational and loving. I am shocked that I am not repulsed.

4. I bought a combination lock for the JCC locker room. Master Lock makes colored locks now. I chose a purple one - for The Alzheimer's Association color.

5. Kyle is thinking about jumping into the marathon at mile 2 or 3. If there is anyone who is reading this who has an experience of the number of runners at that point, how viable that is - will he even be able to spot me in the crowd - will he be able to jump in - will be get in a runner's way or get trampled? Please post something if you have experience.

6. Kevin's mom is back in the hospital. She has a tumor on her lung that is causing fluid to build up in her lungs and causing her heart to go into A-Fib. He did get her to have a lung biopsy.

7. Talking to my mom each evening is a tricky thing. Asking her about her day is worthless, as she has no memory of her day, so I try to have news on my end to share with her. She has met Kevin's mom a few times so I shared the news with her a few nights ago. Every night since then, it has been new news to her. I have now learned to tell it like new news, rather than a continuation of a story.

8. My dad is walking again. I am hoping he can increase his stamina so golfing is not so taxing.

9. Small world share - My angel Heather knows my friend Yvette.

10. So far, I have 19 peeps converging on NYC, from Florida, North Carolina, Alabama, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Virginia and various cities in New York. I am a lucky girl.

1 comment:

  1. I suppose you could add Georgia, as I am bringing a good friend (she's more like an adopted daughter) for her first trip to NYC. She lives in Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete