Friday, September 3, 2010

What a Roller Coaster!

My feet!

I was concerned this morning. Both my feet were swollen and a bit black and blue. I hoped this was normal and that we are on our way to being fixed.

I put heat on them for 20 minutes, did a warm up of 10 minutes on the elliptical (today is a day off) and then did my usual 40 minutes of stretching. I added two stretches that isolate the part of my foot that is in trouble. It was more of a discomfort than any time I ever stretched my achilles when it was in trouble.

I finished up with 20 minutes of ice, then I showered and headed out to get my altered orthotics. I did not know the doctor was not going to be there, so I could ask him nothing.

I had errands to run and all and then went to the grocery store. As I was leaving the grocery store, pushing my cart through the parking lot, I realized I had no experience that I had feet. That was amazing! No discomfort as I pushed off. None!

I have since done more heat, more stretches and more icing.

I do now know I have feet.

I am encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment