Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Looks Like I May Have All the Ducks in a Row!

All things just may be in place so that my dad can start golfing again and my mom will be well cared for while he does that. For many reasons, my dad quit golfing a few years back - he was worried about leaving my mom alone, he wasn't feeling well, some of which I say came from resisting that my mom has Alzheimer's and he was mad about how his life was turning out. He is starting to accept all of what goes along with my mom's condition. He is also starting to buy the fact that he can use some respite and allowing it does not diminish him as a man.

Alice will be spending 4 hours a week with my mom.

I think she just be my newest angel.

On the running front:

Today was the first time I ran where my legs were weird the whole run. Weird like having places that talked to me.

Today was the first day that people really spoke to me - especially before I spoke to them. I got to tell 4 people I was training for the NYC Marathon to raise awareness and money for Alzheimer's research. It was very cool. This one guy drove his golf cart next to me as we chatted about it.

I was scheduled for 5 miles today and I got a little bit too far away from home.

5.52 miles

52:00 minutes

9'24"/mile

No comments:

Post a Comment