Sunday, September 5, 2010

$100,000 Baby!

Huge Milestone!

The Run2Remember Team has passed the $100,000 mark in our fundraising! When I checked this morning, our total was $100,605! We still have 2 months before the marathon so we really could meet my own secret goal for us - $300,000.

Today I will be doing a bit over 2 hours on the ellitical. I am scheduled to run 12 miles, which my feet can not do, so I am going to do more time than I would be running if my feet were healthy - as I am not sure if I will ever, ever do 9 or even 10 minute miles again.

Last week, after the 115 minute work-out on the elliptical, my legs talked to me for days. I had never experienced that before, so I am thinking it is time for an ice bath for my lower body. I have done some reading about that and many people recommend that after long runs, so...... today is the day!

Doreen told me how she did the ice bath, thank goodness, as this is not the way I would have done it. I would have done it like I have done my foot ice bath. That is, prepare the water, add the ice, plunge in and squeal. She told me to prepare the water, get in and then add the ice. That seems smarter and easier and might not include squealing. Although squealing can be fun.

Look for my ice bath report tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, looking forward to this report - massage guy recommended it for me but I have been too chicken!

    ReplyDelete