Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My dad as caregiver

We had a breakthrough with my dad and his job as caregiver. He has agreed to have someone come in for 4 hours once a week. He has agreed to leave the house for those 4 hours and not take mom with him. He will be 'off'. He has also made efforts to get himself paired in the Thursday Men's League, planning on using his 'off time' to play golf.

This is very good news.

I am in the process of setting all of this up so it can happen.

On the running front - today was scheduled for 4 miles. My right foot is being a bit wonky, but the massage I got yesterday afternoon seemed to help and then the icing I did last night was great. I know I have a right foot, but it didn't stop me.

I just saw how to get my speed per mile on my most recent run. Here is today's:

Mile 1 - 7'41"

Mile 2 - 8'55"

Mile 3 - 8'36"

Mile 4 - 8'11"

Not sure how the math works but it says my 4.07 mile run was at 8'39"/mile. Makes no sense to me. Something seems off.

No comments:

Post a Comment