Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Angel, Heather

I had my one hour session with my angel this morning. It was uncomfortable, bordering on painful. She did a combination of deep tissue/myofascial/sports massage.

What I have to say about it, in no particular order:

- I like her, I trust her and I connected with her

- She said I could start back on the road in a few days. She suggested I walk first and then maybe jog a mile or so.

- After doing the first portion of her work on my right foot, she had me get up and walk around. I had very little discomfort. That was an unexpected surprise. She did more work on the right then started on the left. I walked around several times and the level of discomfort decreased each time.

- I will see her again on Wednesday, leave for Florida on Friday. She will have several names for me of people to continue this work while there.

- I now have bruises on the tops of both feet and I am a bit swollen. She warned me that my feet could feel 'beat up'.

- I will be applying heat and then ice at least 3 times a day. My goal is 5 times a day.

- I can't see how I could hit the road this weekend and I am open to that Heather might be right and I could do that.

- I am buoyed just by taking action.

- I am on the horse.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for taking action! You did not stagnate in the helpless place for too long.

    I just had a good, painfulish massage. They reminded me to drink gobs of water after you get one.

    I am off for my first six-mile walk with a little running toward the end. Two hours is my walking speed so we'll see if I can finish in 1:45. It is a nice route except the ozone is still ick today. The first third of the route is in the shade.

    ReplyDelete