Sunday, September 26, 2010

It's Complete

My second 16 miler is complete, done, over and crossed off.

I reminded my dad yesterday afternoon and last evening that my long run was today. Each time I spoke to him about it, I got the sense he was not going to remember. I even told him that and told him I would be okay if he wasn't out there when I arrived.

I now have 7 bottles for my FuelBelt. One of the 8 leaks terribly, so I set that one aside. I filled the extra 3 with Gatorade and set then under my carport. I had 4 on my belt.

I got to my Dad's with about 8 miles done. I had one bottle left. He was not there. I ran around his loop 4 times (about 1 miles worth of running) and he never came out. I carried on and re-figured how to get back to my house to get the 3 bottles before I finished the one I had left.

The run turned to shit after I picked up the 3 bottles. My socks were socking wet and they squished. I didn't want to. I was tired and wet and all alone. I was a whiny mess.

At about the 13 mile mark, I walked. I had not walked on a run since I came back from the time off for my feet. I didn't care. I was pissy.

Then I looked at the time - interesting - I saw that if I could finish the last 2 miles at an easy jogging pace - I actually could finish at somewhere around the time I finished in last week.

I dug deep - I didn't like it and I dug deep.

My ice bath was not wonderful, my legs ache right now and I can't stop yawning.

I didn't die, I finished a long run all by myself and it is over.

That is all good.

16 miles

2:43:21

10'12"/minute miles

How I feel is irrelevant. Maybe tomorrow I can really mean that last part.

1 comment: