Friday, September 17, 2010

This Retirement Community

In order to buy a home in Kings Point, in fact to even rent a home here, one of the principals has to be at least 55 years old. Most people 55 years or older are not ready to retire, so you can just imagine the average age of the residents here. I was told that the average age on my loop is 82. I think that is not too far off.

The great thing is the number of people who are outside walking between 5:00AM and 7:00AM. It is just barely light at 7:00AM here. My descriptions of various people I have encountered:

- The woman with the bad hip who doesn't quit.

- The grunting man with the bat (baseball, not otherwise)

- The bathrobed lady with the two dogs.

- The hand-holding couple.

- The round German looking woman with the walker.

- The old man who really wants to jog who just can't.

- The woman with the I-Pod who is startled all the time.

- The two chatting ladies who are always in the same spot. (I do wonder if they walk at all)

- The man who buys the newspaper.

Today's stats:

4 mile run scheduled

4.23 miles

37:28 minutes

8'51"/mile

Busch Gardens tomorrow! 16 miles on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment