Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Laundry Soap Lesson

I have been reading about laundry soap. You know, the Tide 2X kinda laundry soap. The manufacturers tell us that we use less soap, get more loads per bottle and we are happy paying more for a smaller container. Then, we forget that we have to use less soap and end up using more, so the manufacturers are happy and we are none the wiser - except we always have soap residue in our clothes. "They" say that the soap residue attracts dirt, so our clothes end up being dirtier than they would otherwise be.

So, I have been reading that and sorta rolling my eyes.

Then, I ran 16 miles on Sunday - Did you miss that? I did - I am a ROCK STAR!

So, I am a sweater - really, really, a sweater. When I was done, there was no dry place on any piece of clothing on my body. The sweat was even running down my legs into my socks and sneakers. I could feel that happening.

Once I was done running, it was no longer dark out. I was walking up to my front door and saw some whiteness on my shorts. It was the oddest thing - I look further and it was soap suds. No kidding - soap suds. They had formed on my shorts in the area where my legs meet my pelvis - the place where the 'agitation' happens while running.

I took all of my running gear and ran a load with no soap and double rinsed. Then I did it again. There was no soap yesterday, but that was just 5 miles. I do 8 tomorrow, so I will check again, Friday is only 5. Sunday's 16 again will be the real test.

No comments:

Post a Comment