Friday, September 24, 2010

My Dad Is So Happy

Yesterday was Alice's first day with my mom. Alice has cleaned my mom's house for years - we tried to figure it out yesterday and we think it just might be close to 10 years. This 4 hours is different. She is there to help my mom, to be her 'friend' and to make sure she is okay.

My dad golfed 18 holes yesterday for the first time in at least 3 years. He came home exhausted, but a different kind of exhausted. He seemed happy. He said he played awful and he was tired and he seemed really happy. The best news - he got an eagle! That is right, after not playing for so very long, he had an eagle on a par 4! 160 yards out, he hit his shot, it rolled up on to the green and rolled into the hole. It was the 2nd hole and it all turned to crap after that.

He even told me "The first day of anything new is the hardest." I am really optimistic about this addition. He even told my mom when she complained that she can stay alone - that he would not leave her and if Alice doesn't come, he won't golf. I don't even care that he played the guilt card.

On the running front - my watch screwed up today. More accurately, I didn't hit stop when I was done running. Really annoys me as I had a great run. Trying to figure it out based on the graph I get, I am guessing this:

5.5 miles

around 50 minutes

I had a great run and don't have the documentation to point to. My ego is sitting on my face, squishing it all around. That annoys me too. I'll get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment