Friday, June 4, 2010

Surprise Visit Yesterday

My folks are staying with my Uncle Elmer up in Colonie. They came in for Kyle's wedding and will be returning to Florida next week. My dad called to ask if they could come visit yesterday. I jumped at the chance to spend the day with them.

My mom remembered that I am running in the marathon. She remembered that I am raising money for Alzheimer's education and research. She is even asked me about it. Those of you who have a loved one suffering from this disease, you know that tomorrow could be totally different and today, she knew. I loved that she generated a conversation about it. I loved that she showed some interest outside of her own concerns. She was my old mom for a few hours. I will hold onto that memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment