Tuesday, June 8, 2010

$1513.13

That is the total Amy and I collected during our weekend yard sale. It is so beyond my expectations, I can not find the words. No one item sold for more than $40.00 and most items were under $2.00. Absolutely amazing.

We could not have done it without the support of friends and relatives who donated goods to us. We even had a friend of Amy's come with her young daughter. They set up at the far end of the yard sale and Tilly went up to almost every buyer/looker and asked if they wanted some lemonade. When they said yes, she brought them a dixie cup of lemonade and asked them for a donation to The Alzheimer's Association. She got so excited every time she brought me her dollar bills and coins. I now wish I had kept track of how much of our total was from Tilly's enrolling ways.

People are so generous and loving. If I take a second to let that in, I just cry from being moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment