Saturday, June 5, 2010

The First Fundraiser!

Today is it!

Amy and I are having the first yard sale. She lives in a town where it makes sense to have one. In Stanfordville, no one would even be bale to find my house!

Many generous people have donated 'stuff' for us to sell. We have priced and tagged it all and in a bit we will venture out to set up the tables and be ready for the early birds. Some 'ultra early birds' (read that as girlfriends who already saw some stuff) have already made purchases, so we have already raised $80.00!

We cobbled together some logos from R2R and The Alzheimer's Association to make signs and a donation jar. We are letting everyone know that every penny raised will be used to help find a cure for this horrible disease.

Oh - I did my run this morning already - now I just need to fit in my stretching regimen to be one day closer to the coveted purse!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ticker says it is one month to the peacock purse!

    The ticker is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! It is getting closer to being mine.

    When I was doing the stretches yesterday, I was exhausted - the yard sale set-up and all, after getting my run in, was draining. I told Amy that if it weren't for the coveted purse, I would have blown them off. Thank you so much for the idea!

    ReplyDelete