Friday, June 11, 2010

My Runners Mace

seems to give me courage.

My mileage is increasing, so I am starting my run on Stissing Road and finishing it there as well. Stissing is where the second German Shepherd lives. The first one's daddy has kept his promise and he has never been out since he bit me. The second one was not out during the beginning of my run yesterday but as I came around the corner for the last mile, I heard the barking.

As I came up to the gate to their property, the dog came running toward the road and didn't stop. He was barking and running. I stopped running, turned and faced him, took my mace off safety (but did not point it) and yelled loudly and boldly "Go Away! Go Away! Go Away......" I must have said those two words a dozen times. The dog actually stopped running and just looked at me. I never shut up. (I know, what a surprise).

As I am continuing to yell my new favorite phrase, this dog's daddy came outside. He yelled to the dog, used it's name, I think (hard to hear over my yelling of "Go Away"), he asked to dog to come to him and son of a gun! the dog did. The daddy told the dog what a good dog he was and I finished my run. I had to go by that house one last time and there was no dog outside.

Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment