Monday, June 7, 2010

Amy

When I declared I was going to run the 2010 NYC Marathon and raise money for The Alzheimer's Association, My bestest girlfriend, Amy, jumped in and declared she would share this journey with me. We started planning our training, each applied for a spot with R2R and started our fundraising plans.

As happens sometimes, life throws things in as we make plans.

Last month, Amy was diagnosed with breast cancer. She is now on a different journey. Her prognosis is great. It was found early and she has many options for treatment.

I looked back at my goals for this journey and here is the one that includes Amy:

My goal is to have a deeper and closer friendship with Amy and
learn how to encourage and support her and she me.

I still have that goal. The way we will achieve that will just be different than planned back then. I will encourage and support her in her quest to be cancer free. She will encourage and support me in the quest to finish the marathon and raise $10,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment