Friday, May 7, 2010

Running the NYC Marathon!

Brief history of how I got here:

- My mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer's about 5 years ago.

- Doreen's dad has Parkinson's.

- Doreen ran in the 2009 NYC marathon for Team Fox.

- I went to the marathon to support her.

- I was moved by her determination, inspired by the support from people on the streets and called to Be Bold and Dig Deep.

- I said I was going to run in 2010 to raise money and awareness for Alzheimer's.

- I applied for the lottery to get a number. I didn't get one.

- I have now applied to Run2Remember for a number. I will hear in the middle of June.

2 comments:

  1. I am Lynn's friend from Charlotte, NC, and I am training along with her. I will run the Thunder Road marathon here on Dec. 11.

    I have never run before but it will be all right.

    Good energy to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skoop!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    We are marathoners!

    ReplyDelete