Monday, May 17, 2010

The Evidence


In my goal to have a permanent shift in being supportable and being coachable, I find myself simply doing what others suggest. It is very funny to watch my initial reaction - all of the reasons why what was just said is not necessary or silly or overkill or whatever.

Kevin suggested that I take a picture of the dog bite, just in case it happens again. He even said something about 'evidence in court'. I got that the dog's daddy was telling me the truth about not having his dog outside ever agin and at the same time, I know accidents happen.

So........ here is the evidence, chubby thigh and all.

2 comments:

  1. Being coachable starts with believing we don't always know what's best. It's about a willingness to be helped. It requires a reset every now and then. I love that this is what the training is about for you.

    I am having my job be that way today - I am accepting criticism from someone I don't like in a short monthly meeting, starting today. He is a good designer but not a good teacher, at least not for me. But I am inspired by your example to just wait and see what happens. Maybe he will say something useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see a doctor? Have you had a tetanus shot recently? Really? Be careful! Good luck. You are doing great!

    Kay

    ReplyDelete