Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Another Dog - Another Solution



I am getting me so Runners Mace.

This week, the training schedule added 15 minutes to my run. Rather than turn around at the end of Mountain Road and run 7 1/2 minutes up and back, I decided to see how far up Stissing Road I could get in that time. I ran for about 3 minutes and heard that noise that now sends a shiver up my spine. A dog barking and growling.

He was more than 100 yards away in a field and was running towards me. I stopped running, turned around and began walking. I had hoped he would not see me as a threat and would stay in his field. No such luck. He kept coming and coming. He did stop at the fence line and I hoped that was that.

Nope.

As I walked further back down Stissing Road, he found me again. I could hear him running behind me, but no barking. I was frightened and pulled my hands up to my neck, not wanting to get my hand bit. I just kept up my pace.

The dog ran past me, turned and looked at me. I have to admit that I thought, he just wants to play - but I was too frightened to engage him. He left me alone.

I now need to decide at what point I will use the mace if I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment