Saturday, May 15, 2010

Being Coachable

One of my goals for this adventure is to have a permanent shift in being coachable. I kinda sorta have a tendency to think I know best. Okay, you either are still laughing or you are saying some version of D'uh.

The most recent coaching I got was from Bobby. He suggested that Amy and I get into a routine. The training is now not strenuous and either 3 or 4 days a week. The strenuous part will come, but not really until August.

So, given my interest in being coachable, Amy and I now have all of our exercising on our calendar. We will not have 2 days off in a row. We will have our long run on Saturday and take Friday and Sunday off. This is not important now, for our bodies, but is important now for the routine of it all. Routine is important they say, so I am surrendering and going with routine.

I did my stretching yesterday - 51 days to the coveted bag!

2 comments:

  1. It is not all sweetness and light here: I did not complete this week's mission, and will be repeating Week 3. On the plus side, I took back the new shoes, and got a different model that is really the old model from before, that will not make my calves hurt when I walk fastly. I also invested in a bunch more Breathe Right strips to hold my nose open so I can, well, Breathe Right.

    The weather stuff we have here is different from yours, being all about 90 degree afternoons and orange air quality. We will get used to our weathers, I think. It is part of the toughening up process.

    Keep on keeping on, all us marathoners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skoop,

    You marathoner, you!

    Just follow the plan. The plan works. Repeating a week is fine. You can do this! We can do this!

    ReplyDelete