Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Achilles

I am surrendering to my tendonitis. I am not quitting my training, I am not giving up, I am taking time off and getting help. This week is scheduled to be 45 minutes, walking at 13-16 minute miles. I am going to do my elliptical. I will continue my stretches.

I have an appointment with my podiatrist to get new running orthotics, with a lift in the heel. The first appointment I could get was for June 11. I have also ordered an achilles tendon strap to try.

I am so pleased that I started this training early enough to be able to get correction in and still have the 16 weeks left to really train.

2 comments:

  1. The massage guy I saw late last week said I should not walk fast or run until I get these knots out of my calves. I sit on the floor with a golf ball or tennis ball under the knot. I walked yesterday but not fast.

    It is good to get help. We are being coachable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, we still have the time to get the coaching, put it to practice and still compete!

    ReplyDelete