Saturday, May 22, 2010

My Achilles Heel

From Wikipedia:

An Achilles’ heel is a deadly weakness in spite of overall strength, that can actually or potentially lead to downfall.

So..... I am sure I have more than one Achilles Heel - and the one I am going to talk about to today is actually my achilles tendon. It is my 'running thing'. For years, whenever I have taken on running on a regular basis - it rears it's ugly head and I am limping.

A few years back, I buggered it up horribly. So horribly that I went to the doctor and then to physical therapy.

I woke up this morning and the achilles tendon in my right foot was talking very loudly to me. It was saying "Hey - you! Don't you remember what happens when you try to make me run?"

I do remember, so.... what am I going to do about it?

I am not going to not run.

I am going to do what the physical therapist told me to do the last time.

Three times a day I will be doing stretches for my achilles. 30 seconds each leg, 6 times - so that means 6 minutes each time, 3 times a day. The first will be done before I sit down to my computer each morning. The second will be after lunch is done and cleaned up and the third will be after dinner and before I set up the coffee maker.

That's the plan. I'll let you know how I am doing and how it is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment